E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme
The E4D Programme is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. The current programme phase runs from 2019 to 2023. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
Applications are now open until 30 April 2021.
You can also check for the Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships 2021
Eligibility of the candidate
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- A minimum English standard of TOEFL level C1 is required. If the continuing education programme requires a minimum level in another language, proof of this level also needs to be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries classified in the DAC-list of the OECD (PDF, 135 KB).
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
Detailed application criteria can be downloaded here (PDF, 160 KB)
Which programmes are eligible for this scholarship?
All programmes of the ETH Zurich continuing education programmes (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship. Check the webpage of the School for Continuing Education to get an overview of the different programmes.
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship (for the successful candidate):
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered. However, in case an application to the E4D continuing education scholarship is valid but not selected, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low income countries.
Only candidates who are admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme based on their academic and professional qualifications are considered for a scholarship. Candidates must apply to both (I) a continuing education programme and (II) to the E4D scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to contact the programme coordinator of their chosen programme regarding the timeframe of the admission process, in order to obtain the admission letter before the deadline for the scholarship application.
CV of the candidate MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s) 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond Two professional references Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS programme for the respective semester. Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D programme office (email@example.com) directly through the employer (and not the candidate). Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1). If the programme requires a minimum level in another requires, proof of this acquired level must also be submitted.
Applications are open until 30 April 2021.
Incomplete applications and applications submitted via e-mail will not be considered.
Check the OECD DAC List 2021 to check whether your country is eligible. The deadline is fixed! Without an ETH admission confirmation letter, the application will not be valid. Please check with the programme coordinator of your chosen continuing education programme about the timeframe of the admission process. Questions in any other language than English won’t be answered. Questions that are addressed in the application requirement document (PDF, 160 KB) will not be answered. Questions regarding enrolment in the Continuing Education programmes should be submitted to the School for Continuing Education Learn more about previous recipients of the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship here
For all other questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.